Allotment of hostel rooms

HomeForumsCampus LifeAllotment of hostel rooms

This topic has 4 voices, contains 5 replies, and was last updated by  arushi.vashist 1608 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
June 15, 2015 at 11:51 pm #880

therajs

Hello
The starting date (orientation) is on Aug 1. (Saturday). Do we get hostel and rooms allotted that day itself?
How many students share a room?
Do you get to socialize and pick room mates?
Should I plan top stay in the hostel on day 1 (Aug 1)?
What else happens on day 1?
thanks

June 16, 2015 at 12:00 am #890

Moderator 15

@therajs
Ans1: If u want, u can come a day or two earlier & get a room allotted to u temporarily but final room allotment will happen on 1st Aug only. The rooms will be given on First Come(or Register) First Serve Basis i.e. those who register First & Second, will get Room no’1.
Ans2: 2 students share a room.
Ans3: Sorry, but u cannot choose ur room mate as rooms will be allotted on FCFS basis.
Ans4: Its completely ur choice.
Ans5: After registration, Students & Parents normally go for an Orientation Trip & then a Campus Tour(students only). But this stage is too early to answer this question correctly as this year’s schedule for Freshers’ welcoming has not yet been decided. U’ll receive a letter with ur complete schedule b4 u come here.

June 16, 2015 at 1:27 pm #896

therajs

Thank you very much for the prompt response. A couple of follow up questions:
1. How are the toilets and bathrooms? How many rooms/students share a bathroom?
2. What time would the registration be on Aug 1? I am wondering whether it is ok to arrive by train that morning (Aug 1) or a day earlier. Trains arrive in Hyderabad by 6 AM. If there is a delay in the train arrival and I arrive at the institute by 10 AM (say), will I miss something?

June 16, 2015 at 2:26 pm #899

Moderator 15

@therajs,
Ans1: Each wing has 14 rooms, i.e. 28 students sharing 4 bathrooms & 4 toilets (3 Indian & 1 Western).
Ans2: Mostly 9am to 1-2 pm. U won’t miss anything if u arrive by 10 am but do consider the fact that IIIT-H is 23 kms away from Secunderabad Railway Station & I, personally, would suggest u coming at-least 1 day earlier.

June 25, 2015 at 6:23 pm #982

sangeetakalanidhi

What about girls?

June 26, 2015 at 9:37 pm #1092

arushi.vashist

1-Yes, for girls, you will be given rooms in Parul Hostel, which is the news Girls’ Hostel.

2-It is given on the day when you register for your courses (not sure about exact date, you will be informed)

3-You will share room with one more person.

4-You will be allotted based on first come, first serve policy. The person before/after you will be your roomate.

5-You can stay, if you want to setup your room, socialize with others, I guess its nice if you meet other students and their parents in the hostel.

6- as answered by ishaan arora above

7- in parul hostel, there are around 10 toilets and bathing areas per floor. there is no sharing policy.
anybody can use anytime.

8- as answered by ishaan arora above

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.