Pls answer my following queries :
1. What is the full form of HSS and HV as displayed in the Student Kit?
2. What is the process for ironing of clothes in IIIT H?
3. Is an electric kettle allowed in the hostel room?
4. If not, then are there any facilities for providing hot drinkable water if need be?
5. Are students allowed use of elevator in the hostel or are they restricted only to stairs?
6. Are the students provided with any facility for making their own food in the hostel(like a sink or a small stove etc.)?
7. Is ice available in the canteen or somewhere or is there a provision for cold drinkable water if need be?
1.) HSS: Humanities Social Skills; includes dance, music, arts, collage, sculpture etc.
HV: Human Values; might include lectures and discussion on life issues, social issues etc.
2.) You can bring an electric iron of your own elsewise there is a person who irons yours clothes for nominal charges.
3.) Yes allowed.
4.) Ask if not in same question.
5.) Yes you are allowed to use elevators else why would they be there in hostels
6.) No, there is no student kitchen in hostels.
7.) Ice is available at canteen. Cold water available in water coolers in hostels.