Internet for the first year

HomeForumsCampus lifeInternet for the first year

This topic has 3 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by  DarkKnight 64 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
June 16, 2017 at 12:02 am #43

Student

Is there internet available for freshers in their room? Is it really not necessary to bring a laptop?

June 16, 2017 at 9:42 pm #61

Moderator08

Hi!
No, as per current college policy, internet will NOT be provided for freshers in their rooms. Freshers are also prohibited from bringing their laptops.
Answering your second query, you will not be needing your laptop in your first year. There is a special workspace (with full access to internet) allocated for first years, with a sufficient number of PCs. Each PC will be assigned to two students or in other words, you will be sharing your PC with exactly one other person. The workspace will be open from 6 in the morning to 12 at night (midnight).
Also, the reason the college prohibits laptops for freshers and does not provide internet in the rooms is so that freshers can socialize with their batchmates. Providing internet in hostel might lead to individuals restricting themselves to their rooms, thus losing out on some good bonding time.
I personally (and several others) had some of my best times solving assignments (or spending time in general) with my batchmates in the workspace, and am confident you will, too.

June 16, 2017 at 10:38 pm #62

Student

Thank you so much for the reply – that helps a lot!

June 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm #92

DarkKnight

Please go through the FAQS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.