S.N. Bose scholarship

HomeForumsAcademicsS.N. Bose scholarship

This topic has 2 voices, contains 2 replies, and was last updated by  coolGuy 1108 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
June 26, 2017 at 7:37 am #168

coolGuy

How seriously is the SN Bose scholarship taken at IIITH. Is there a specific reason why IIITH hasn’t been able to send students under this program in the recent years (unless the above claim is wrong)?

• This reply was modified 1109 days ago by  coolGuy.
June 27, 2017 at 11:06 am #173

DarkKnight

@coolGuy, I’m not sure why, but the main reason I can think of is that IIIT-H doesn’t have departments. It just has labs which are too interrelated to distinguish. But there is no reason to not try. You can mail query@iiit.ac.in for such type of suggestions

Just a fun story:
Last year, on the Orientation day, Prof. PJN (Director) asked the students if they had seen the Mathematics dept. of IIIT-H. When students replied “No”, he said, obviously, because there is none. We at IIIT-H, do not have segregated departments. We have labs which work in correlation with each other

June 27, 2017 at 11:24 am #174

coolGuy

Yes, I have heard about IIIT-H not having departments, but it does have streams right (CSE, ECE,…)? Shouldn’t technically two students from each of those streams be nominated for the SN Bose scholarship program?
Additionally, if I am not wrong, a student from IIIT-H did get selected for this scholarship in 2015 (http://iusstf.org/cms/newsimages/file/bose/Results_Final_List.pdf). It’s just that IIIT-H hasn’t been sending students consistently.
I have tried emailing on the above email ID, but they never seem to reply :( .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.