Unrealistic expectations?

HomeForumsAcademicsUnrealistic expectations?

This topic has 3 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by  DarkKnight 1113 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
June 21, 2017 at 11:54 am #135

coolGuy

As an aspirant, I have read a lot about IIIT-Hyderabad on Quora, Facebook and the official website itself. Below I have mentioned some things which I would expect from IIITH, if I were to join. Please tell me if any of these are unrealistic expectations.

P.S. Everything is CSE oriented

1. If one is motivated enough, it is possible to get a research assistantship with one of the professors (not necessarily paid) in the first semester of UG education.
2. IIITH boasts state of the art technology in CS (wherever needed, for example Computer Vision, Robotics etc) for conducting research and doing projects. If needed, one can also ask for new equipment.
3. Students often pursue independent research projects, whether it be for their Btech thesis project or for a course, which gets published in prestigious international journals.
4. If a group of students is interested in participating in a given competition (in which IIITH doesn’t at that time participate), it is easy enough to obtain funding and help from professors.
5. The curriculum (and the courses themselves) is rigorous and at par with not only the IITs but also the top universities abroad.

Thanks!

June 21, 2017 at 9:59 pm #147

coolGuy

By the fourth point, I mean the following:
Let’s say there is a competitions in which one are interested but IIITH doesn’t compete currently. Would it be possible to start a new team? Get funding for all the mechanical parts (if needed, specially if it is a robotics competitions)? Would the professors be willing to help?

June 22, 2017 at 9:38 am #155

DarkKnight

No. You will not be able to get funding just for the competition in most cases. IIIT-H will fund your research not the competitions. Rather, in most of these cases, the organisation conducting the competition, reimburses your expenses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.